Why we work with the accounting profession
The accountancy profession promotes, develops and supports accountants worldwide. Their role is crucial in protecting the quality and integrity of accountants who are core to the rigorous application of the Standards.
We benefit from working with the profession in a number of ways:
- their education of accountants in the application of the Standards
- receiving feedback at all stages during the standard-setting process; and
- organising joint conferences and other events.
The profession benefits from working with us through:
- access to materials and resources about the Standards;
- input to the standard-setting process; and
- conferences and events – and by having speakers from the IFRS Foundation participate at their own events to educate members.
Resources for the accounting profession
- eIFRS— for IFRS® Standards, IFRIC® Interpretations, the IFRS Taxonomy, other authoritative guidance, illustrative examples, bases for conclusions and official translations
- IFRS Shop—to purchase the Red, Green and Blue books—three different compilations of IFRS Standards
- Alerts—register here to receive news and alerts, including the IASB Update and the IFRIC Update, published after each Board and IFRS Interpretations Committee meeting
- Work plan—the Board’s current work plan can be found here
Events and conferences
- Upcoming events— an overview of upcoming events can be found in our meetings and events diary
- Speakers—if you would like to request a speaker from the IFRS Foundation/Board for one of your own events, please follow our speaker request process
- Open consultations—an overview of all consultations currently open for comment can be found here
- Watch our video explaining the standard-setting process here
- Supporting materials—materials developed to support the consistent application of new IFRS Standards, including articles, webinars etc, can be found here
- The IFRS for SMEs® Standard—to find out about resources for small or medium-sized entities, click here
- Snapshots—these summaries prepared for each new Standard are useful, for example, when briefing audit committees and CEOs. They are available by reference to individual Standards here
- A Pocket Guide to IFRS Standards—this useful summary for briefing members of Boards of Directors or Managing Committees is available here (but hasn't been updated since 2017)
To find out more about the IFRS Foundation’s intellectual property and related permissions, licensing and referencing matters, visit our legal page.